Greenhouse Classroom Ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Shredded cheese (cheddar preferred) (optional)
Inspired by: https://gimmedelicious.com/baked-cheddar-kale-chips/
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Rip kale into smaller pieces and drizzle with olive oil and salt in a bowl
- Massage kale with olive oil and salt
- Spread kale onto parchment lined baking sheet
- Cook kale in oven for ~10 minutes
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of kale (optional)
- Cook for another ~12 minutes or until kale are crispy like a potato chip!
- Known as a “superfood” because it is one of the most nutritious foods in the world, being an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients!
- Part of the Brassica family of vegetables, which includes broccoli and collard greens, kale is a nutritional powerhouse; it has more calcium by weight than milk, and more than twice the vitamin C of an orange!
|Crop||Vitamin K||Vitamin A (beta-carotene)||Vitamin B9 (Folate)||Vitamin C||Magnesium||Calcium||Phosphorous||Iron||Potassium|
Location of origin:
- Asia Minor
Share your own recipe!
Is there a recipe of your own that utilizes this crop? Please complete the following form to share your recipe, and we will add it to the website: Harvest Program Family Recipes. Thank you!