Lettuce Cups with White Beans and Bell Peppers
Greenhouse Classroom Ingredients:
- Lettuce (ideally 6 big leaves)
- Olive oil
- Lemon or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- White beans (or other beans)
- Bell peppers
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Divide lettuce into separate leaves
- Chop bell peppers into small pieces
- Toss beans with bell pepper, parsley, oil, red pepper flakes (optional,) and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl
- Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired
- Spoon into lettuce leaves and divide into smaller servings if desired
- Parsley is a great source of vitamin A and K! This helps with vision and bone growth and bone density.
- In addition, parsley can help decrease bloating and lower blood pressure!
|Crop||Vitamin K||Vitamin A (beta-carotene)||Vitamin B9 (Folate)||Vitamin C||Magnesium||Calcium||Phosphorous||Iron||Potassium|
Location of origin:
- Southern Europe
Share your own recipe!
Is there a recipe of your own that utilizes this crop? Please complete the following form to share your recipe, and we will add it to the website: Harvest Program Family Recipes. Thank you!