Chopped Israeli Salad
Greenhouse Classroom Ingredients:
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Arugula (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Chickpeas (optional)
- Onions (optional)
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and onions
- Mix with chickpeas and arugula, (these are optional ingredients)
- Add olive oil (~2 tablespoons)
- Add lemon juice from ½ lemon
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix and serve
- Cilantro has been used as a natural cleansing agent and deodorizer for the body.
- Cilantro is also a potent antioxidant and a good source of iron.
- Rich in phytonutrients that help keep our bodies healthy and help to prevent certain diseases!
|Crop||Vitamin K||Vitamin A (beta-carotene)||Vitamin B9 (Folate)||Vitamin C||Magnesium||Calcium||Phosphorous||Iron||Potassium|
Location of origin:
Share your own recipe!
Is there a recipe of your own that utilizes this crop? Please complete the following form to share your recipe, and we will add it to the website: Harvest Program Family Recipes. Thank you!