Simply Sauteed Swiss Chard
Greenhouse Classroom Ingredients:
- Swiss Chard
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut stalks off leaves, but do not dispose of them
- Saute garlic with red pepper flakes in large skillet over medium heat for ~30-45 seconds
- Add stalks to hot pan with garlic and flakes
- Lower the heat to low and cover – cook ~3 minutes
- Add leaves and cover – cook another ~3-4 minutes
Inspired by: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/swiss_chard/
- Chard is part of the beet family, but unlike beets, chard’s roots are inedible. A single serving is merely 35 calories, yet contains more than 300% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin K.
- In addition to vitamin K, swiss chard has lots of other vitamins including: vitamins A, C, magnesium, fiber, and potassium
|Crop||Vitamin K||Vitamin A (beta-carotene)||Vitamin B9 (Folate)||Vitamin C||Magnesium||Calcium||Phosphorous||Iron||Potassium|
Location of origin:
Share your own recipe!
Is there a recipe of your own that utilizes this crop? Please complete the following form to share your recipe, and we will add it to the website: Harvest Program Family Recipes. Thank you!